The Donaldson Report, Teaching Scotland's Future, http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2011/01/13092132/0 was the outcome of the Scottish government's national review of teacher education.
According to the findings teachers of the 21st Century should:
- be reflective, with critical and creative thinking skills;
- be committed to teaching as a vocation;
- be committed to the development and learning of each child;
- work in a range of partnerships to support the learning and development of each young person;
- have a passion for learning and deep understanding of and enthusiasm for their subject;
- have discernment to be able to put relevant theory into practice;
- share ideas and network with colleagues; and
- be keen to participate in their own personal learning and development.