Monday, May 16, 2011

This sings of the IB Learner Profile



I would like to share this TED Talks with each of you. The speaker is Barry Schwartz-Psychologist. According to the blurb on TED Talks, “Barry Schwartz makes a passionate call for "practical wisdom" as an antidote to a society gone mad with bureaucracy. He argues powerfully that rules often fail us, incentives often backfire, and practical, everyday wisdom will help rebuild our world.”

When I watched this insightful presentation, I thought about the IB Learner Profile and how important it is. I liked his ideas of celebrating moral exemplars and acknowledging people. I agree with him when he says that we should act as moral exemplars to the people we are mentoring.

He’s right when he says that as teachers, we are always teaching; someone is always watching!

I especially liked it when he talked about being virtuous and people wanting to do the right thing, in the right way and for the right reason!

I think this sings the IB Learner Profiles.

Make yourself a cup of tea or pour a glass of wine and sit back and enjoy (video is approx 21 min). Enjoy!

No comments: